What is what & what we can do?
Days passes by, years passes by and we never changes. What have i earned? Nothing, absolutely nothing other than some paper with some figures in that. If it was all about those paper with figures, i dont need to be civilized. I can earn that in a simples & easier uncivilized way. When i am different from others, what am i doing for others? Am i doing anything good? No, nothing significant.
Thoughts are crawling into my mind like Viruses, I am sinking in the deep Ocean of thought. Past 27years i just lived life according to me, but that ain't true. Think about people who don't have anyone, leave grown up's think about Kids. What about them? Some of them are born Orphans, how they live? What all tortures they face. A major threat for a child is Sexual abuse. Why it happens? No answer, Some may be maniacs, some may find it as a way of entertainment. Some find it as a way to get thrills and satisfaction. Yeah! These ain't thoughts in my mind, these are facts which are related to Child Sex abuse. Eradication of poverty is important, but what about this? This is worse than poverty. A child who faces bad things in his young age can turn out as a disaster or a total failure for the system.
Facts and figures about child abuse
- NSPCC research shows that a significant minority of children suffer serious abuse or neglect:
- 7% of children experienced serious physical abuse at the hands of their parents or carers during childhood.
- 1% of children experienced sexual abuse by a parent or carer and another 3% by another relative during childhood.
- 11% of children experienced sexual abuse by people known but unrelated to them. 5% of children experienced sexual abuse by an adult stranger or someone they had just met'.
- 6% of children experienced serious absence of care at home during childhood.
- 6% of children experienced frequent and severe emotional maltreatment during childhood.1
- 16% of children experienced serious maltreatment by parents, of whom one third experienced more than one type of maltreatment.2
- Latest available figures show that there are 32,700 children on child protection registers in the UK as at 31 March 2003.3
- Nearly 79,000 children are currently looked after by local authorities in the UK.5
- Every week in England and Wales one to two children will die following cruelty.6
- There are on average 80 child homicides recorded in England and Wales each year.7
- Every ten days in England and Wales, on average, one child is killed at the hands of their parent. An average of 35 a year over the past five years.
- The people most likely to die a violent death are babies under 1 year old, who are four times more likely to be killed than the average person in England and Wales.9
- Three-quarters of sexually abused children did not tell anyone about the abuse at the time, and around a third still had not told anyone about their experience(s) by early adulthood.10
- Over a quarter of all rapes recorded by the police are committed against children under 16 years of age.11
- 31% of children experienced bullying during childhood, a further 7% were discriminated against and 14% were made to feel different/an outsider. 43% experienced at least one of these things during childhood.12
That is just some facts which i got on a simple google search. Collecting these ain't great, but what can we do for eradicating this? There are ways to prevent this, but who is there to take initiative? Organisations like this need people ready to help them. Hoperuns is a movement started against the child abuse.As the name states, this is about people who runs marathon for the cause of child sex abuse.Harish Iyer a friend of mine is running for ARPAN in the Mumbai Marathon on 17th January, 2010 to support Arpan's work on preventing child sexual abuse and healing it’s ill effects.
This is the site address: http://www.hope-runs.blogspot.com/
We are not working for collecting money for this marathon, we are trying to make maximum people aware of this sad fact, the animal behaviour shown towards innocent small kids.
Today's world money can be made easily in different ways, whereas human security is very less. Child sex abuse can happen with any child, its not just about Orphans, but anybody can be a victim of that.
Today's kid's are tomorrow's Heroes, we want them strong & brave.
Let us do something good other than just working & earning money.
My humble request to all is to help us in this initiative in whatever you can.
Please check http://www.hope-runs.blogspot.com/ or join thr facegroup with the same name or follow us on twitter.
Your support & donations may help many kids.